Monday, October 11, 2004

After two sessions of hurdling yesterday I am really stiff in the legs. Hips. Thighs. Hamstrings a little bit. All have the dull ache of hard days effort. As I mentioned before my last run, my knees are still a little achy. Not with normal walking but a light jog or quick movement that hurt. I'm sure it is the running that is the cause. The question is, is this just a temporary pain that is a result of not having run before and body parts just getting used to the strain of running or is the pain indicative of an activity that I should not be doing. It's a condition I'm going to have to monitor closely.

News Item of the Day Young Belgian cyclo-crosser Bart Aernouts is trying to change nationalities to become Dutch, as he is finding it hard to gain selection in the Belgian team for the World Cups. Over the last six months, Aernouts and his lawyer Marc Delissen have been setting the wheels in motion for the change, and it's now a matter of waiting for the approval from the necessary authorities.

Viewpoint: I'm not fond of athletes always changing nationalities to get a spot in some competition. I can understand their plight to a degree but it seems all to commonplace. Guido Trenti riding for the US. Rebellin recently becoming Argentine in an attempt to ride the RR Worlds only to not have the switch approved in time. Simoni has been talking with the Swiss about switching. Why even have nations competing against each other in World Championships or the Olympics?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home