Wednesday, October 06, 2004

It had been a full week since I last ran. During that effort there was a great deal of discomfort during the first part of the run and in the days following my thighs felt a combination of tightness and muscle tear whenever I would go much a walking pace. This afternoon I realized that my legs had felt good the last couple days and decided to give another try at .75 miles.

While walking up to school, I give a few short 50 ft jogs to try and warm up slightly before the run. My knees were screaming whenever I did so and I almost backed out of the run. Determined to at least give an effort I continued on. I would quit the run if the pain lingered once the run began.

As with most sports related activities, once you actually get started anything that may have been bothering physically often fades away unless its serious. My run started and never did I feel the knee pain. My lungs burned with the cool air and the muscles ached with lactic acid but that is to be expected.

Lap 1 - 1:28
Lap 2 - 1:36
Lap 3 - 1:41

Pretty interesting results now that I look back on my last effort. My first lap was 5 seconds slower. The second lap was identical and the third lap was 5 seconds faster resulting in the same total time (4:46) as last week. Apparently I paced myself better to start and thus had more left in the tank with which to finish. I'm happy but would have liked to show a little improvement.

News Item of the Day The Secretary of State for Spanish Sport, Jaime Lissavetzky, and the French Minister of Sport, Jean-Francois Lamour, have signed an agreement to assist each other in the fight against doping. The accord was signed in Paris on Wednesday, and is aimed at improving communication between anti-doping experts in both countries. Lissavetzky also hinted at signing a similar agreement with Italy.

Neither country has a national anti-doping agency at the moment, although in France there is one being debated in parliament before the end of the year. Lissavetzky hopes that a similar agency will be created in Spain, and this new agreement will allow each country to exchange information over the setting up of such agencies. Both countries agreed that the agencies should be independent bodies protected by the Government.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bobber said...

I think at some point soon, we will have to stop saying "lactic acid burn" and say something like, "hydrogen acidic burn" instead. Read this.

I sent you an e-mail. Let's go for Sunday if the weather is not bad.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home