Tuesday, October 19, 2004

The outside of my left knee has been bothering me all day. It feels a lot like a strained either a muscle or a ligament but its hard to say when it may have happened. I guess it was when I crashed warming up Sunday and it took a few days for the pain to appear. I did not do anything Monday that would have aggravated my knee.

I rode the trainer this evening for 45 minutes. A moderate pace seemed reasonable considering my knee problem. I spent the whole ride in my 36x15 at a nice tempo. There was no pain when in the saddle but out of the saddle their was a minor discomfort. Sioux Passage is a little hillier than Faust Park was Sunday so I will probably need to get out of the saddle. The knee needs to get better by then. The other problem with my left knee is that it is has the quick twisting action of getting out of the cleat for a dismount. Maybe I will have to clip out early to reduce the knee stress.

News Item of the Day: From Sunday-- Even a crash in the final kilometre did not prevent Sven Nys (Rabobank) from taking the first round of the Superprestige series in Ruddervoorde today. After dominating the race from the first lap, Nys crossed the line for his 23rd SP win with a comfortable margin over Richard Groenendaal (Rabobank) and Ben Berden (Saey-Deschacht). Sven Vanthourenhout (Quick.Step-Davitamon) finished fourth after he crashed on the final corner while trying to hold off Groenendaal.

Viewpoint: Nys and Wellens are the top two 'crossers in the world. Nys, however, always starts the season as the top man it seems but has never been able to finish with the World Championship in January. At least as an Elite rider he has not been able. He was a two time Espoir world champ. Sven is probably my favorite CX rider and I hope he can finally pull off a championship. American Jonathon Page finished 11th in Ruddervoorde. Nice job. He steadily keeps improving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home