Tuesday, October 12, 2004

My ankles are still stiff from Sunday's workout. I think the pain will linger for probably another two days if I were to take a guess.

Today was a rainy, foggy day. There will be no run tonight. Not that I would have run anyway as sore as I am. Maybe I will do some sit-ups or push-ups or something simple inside.

News Item of the Day: From Sunday... The Czech rider Zdenek Mlynar has won the first World Cup cyclo-cross race in Wortegem-Petegem, Belgium. Mlynar was the first on the line in a bunch sprint of a race that some bemoaned wasn't much of a cyclo-cross race at all. Sven Nys, who finished fifth, related, "I was in the first five and that was my aim. I have done a good job. In rain and mud, the show would be really be on, but it wasn't to be. But this was not a cyclo-cross. I thought that this scenario would happen and it did."

Referring to third place getter Mario de Clercq, Nys added, "The one who drew up this course hoped that everyone would stay together. But he was also beaten."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home