Saturday, December 18, 2004

Tough ride today. Three and a quarter hours. Tack on an extra fifty minutes riding to and from the ride and I was starting to feel the effects of the fixed gear toward the end. Joe wanted to push the ride down toward Bee Tree and the hills down there pushed things just that little bit more than I cared to go. Thankfully, Patrick needed to be back by 12:30 and I had an excuse for cutting things a little shorter. Turns out I forgot Loran wanted to be back by noon. He should have spoke up and reminded me. On the way back, either Joe or Mark flatted as we turned onto Telegraph. They told us to go ahead and not wait. As much as I was starting to hurt on the hills, Loran and Patrick were struggling even more. We made it back to Meramec with a little more than 10 minutes to spare for Patrick. Unfortunately, Loran probably didn't make it home until 12:30. I hope it wasn't too important to be back by noon.

News Item of the Day: Oscar Sevilla, who next year will defend the colors of T-Mobile, is sure that he will ride at a good level in the German team, where Jan Ullrich is the great leader.

The Albacete cyclist hopes to be able to be a great aid for Ullrich in the Tour of France. His great challenge will be the Tour of Spain, where he will be team leader.

"the technicians have said me that I will be the leader in the Vuelta and trust in me arriving in great condition for such prestigious competition", commented Sevilla, that was very contented by to have participated in the Criterium Manuel Beltrán.

Viewpoint: I'm sure Sevilla has high hopes at T-Mobile but how non-Germans have succeeded there? Vinokourov had a great 2003 season. What was his reward? They hire Ullrich back as team leader. Who else? No one. Julich, Livingston, Botero, Evans. They go there and ride terribly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home