Tuesday, December 14, 2004

I'm going to Spinning tonight as usual. Today was a cold, cold day barely breaking freezing and in the teens for a low. Today won't feel so bad though in comparison to some point in January or February. Winter is settling in quite nicely.
Weight: 155

News Item of the Day: Switzerland's Jean Nuettli traversed only 46,642 km at the Dusika cycle-racing track in Vienna and thus failed in his attempt at beating the hour record held by Englishman Chris Boardman with 49,441 km.

"My times of passage had been well calculated, but I terribly missed air (could not breathe?) towards the end. At the end of ten minutes of race, I realized that I could not manage" to beat the record of Boardman, established in October 2000 in Bordeaux, said the member of the Austrian team Volksbank. "But I will remake an attempt ", he added.

At the time of a preceding attempt carried out in 2002 in Bordeaux, the rider from Kriens, close to Lucerne, had covered 47,093 km, the fourth fastest world mark.

Viewpoint: Jean needs to do some work to catch Boardman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home