Monday, December 13, 2004

The typical Monday rest day. My inner thighs are slightly sore but I look at that as a good thing. A sign that I worked my legs pretty well yesterday.
Weight: 155

News Item of the Day: Sven Nijs continues hoarding in its power the first position of ranking UCI of ciclocross, updated 12 of December the past.

Nijs, with a total of 2,041 points, heads the set of Belgian runners that, as he is habitual, dominates this ranking. The second position is for also the Belgian Sven Vanthourenhout, with 1,447 points. Third classified, Horseradish tree Berden, sum 1,404 points to the Belgian rent.

The first Spanish we found it in position 87, scratching a step with respect to the last week, Isaac Suárez with 53 points.

By paises, the Belgian dominion is overwhelming. A total of 4,892 points indicates the superiority of this selection. The Czech Republic, second classified, sum a total of 2,668 points, as opposed to the 1,788 of Holland, third in discord. Spain accumulates 132 points, thirteenth classified.

Viewpoint: I got the story above from the Todociclismo website. Generally, I try to clean up stories from translated websites because the language can be very confusing. Something I find interesting is how a persons name can be changed in translation. I find this most often in translations from Italian. For example, Lance Armstrong is Launches Armstrong. Marco Pantani was Mark Marshes. Along those lines, the reason I decided to leave this story in its original translated form is the way the the name of Ben Berden was butchered in translation. Horseradish tree Berden??? What the bleep is that? Horseradish tree? C'mon now, Ben means Horseradish tree? I never learned that one in three years of Spanish class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home