Sunday, January 16, 2005

The cold are continues so I stayed on the trainer again today. Two hours with no specific workout. I turned a tape of OLN coverage of 2002 TdF Stage 19 that finished at La Plagne. It was fun to watch them climb and descend the Madeleine and pick out buildings and other parts of the mountain that I remember from when I rode it this past summer. Gearing used today was 53x17. I think my mind is still numb from two hours on the trainer.

News Item of the Day: Italian Paolo Savoldelli has crashed during a training ride on Sunday 16 and fractured his collarbone. The Giro d'Italia winner of 2002 changed from T-Mobile to Discovery Channel for this season, but stayed unlucky: the injury is a setback to his preparations for the season, and will mean a month break. Savoldelli has been unlucky in the past with accidents and illnesses preventing him from riding the Tour de France during the last two years.

Viewpoint: Savoldelli was the likely lead man at the Giro. There is still plenty of time for recovery but I think it would be cool if this gives Tom Danielson a chance for a little more prominent role in the race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home