Tuesday, March 22, 2005

No Spinning class tonight for the first time in a long time. One good thing about the classes is that it serves as a motivation to train rather than laying around the house. I didn't have great desire tonight but I wanted to tweak my saddle position so I made myself ride for an hour before breaking out the hex wrench and level.

I mixed up intervals. 10x1 minute, followed by a 10 minute interval and then a 5 minute. I didn't ride great. My power felt a little down and my pedal stroke was clumsy. Afterward, I made some small adjustments to the saddle as mentioned before. The saddle got moved forward slightly. There was also a forward tilt that I eliminated. Not sure if I will like the purely level saddle but its worth trying for a few days. If I don't like the position it will get moved back before Tilles or Hillsboro.

News Item of the Day: Cyclingnews grabbed Magnus Backstedt before Milan -San Remo for a brief chat and asked the large, likeable Swede how his preparation for his defense of his Paris-Roubaix crown was going.

"Oh I went down for three weeks with the flu!" Backstedt told us. "I got a bad throat, recovered from that, got a fever recovered from that...so it's all messed up." We asked Backstedt if his preparation for Roubaix might be compromised and he replied, "Possibly. I don't know I still have time to get my form back. So we'll see; I'm taking it day by day at this point."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home