Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Spinning class started easily enough but got tough soon enough as we did a series of "TT's" of decreasing length before finishing off with some shorter bursts. By the end I was pushing hard. At least I felt as if I was working hard. It took a minute or two to gather myself together and catch my breath. Considering I had not ridden for a while, I did okay.

A little later I will be popping a race tape into the VCR and settling in for some trainer time.

Viewpoint: Most Determined Ride Basso at the Giro. After taking ownership of the Pink Jersey and looking like the dominant rider in the race. He becomes ill, has a bad day and loses a minute to new leader Savoldelli. The next day and loses another 39 minutes to Savoldelli and looks awful as he stops on top of the Stelvio for a jacket from the team car. His determination paid off. A few days later, recovered from his illness, Basso won stages 17 & 18 and continued on to the Giro finish in Milan, ignoring the experts recommendations to save himself for the Tour. He still finished 2nd in France. I liked Basso as a rider before but he showed me a heart that will earn a Grand Tour win very soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home