Sunday, July 30, 2006

My Saturday morning ride was in doubt because I really needed to get the emissions test done on my car. In my procrastinated fashion I waited until the last minute to get the inspections done. Luckily the safety inspection passed Friday, except for the windshield wipers which were replaced right away. The emissions testing center opened at 7am and I was there as it opened. No lines at all and I zipped right through. By 7:30, I was home and could have made the ride but I still had not eaten. I got some food in me, changed clothes and headed out.

Sticky. That was the word to describe yesterday. At 8:15 it was still too early to be really hot but the air was thick. I headed south into JeffCo and the northern end of Old Lemay. I thought that it might be possible to cross paths with Joe and Patrick if I went west from the eastern end of Rock Creek. I arrived at Rock Creek by 8:45, which is when they would have been arriving at High Ridge. They must not have taken Rock Creek because we never crossed. I did see Rusty and two riding partners.

In total I rode about 2.5hrs. There were some easy moments. Mostly I felt pretty bad but there were a few moments of good riding. Sunday is supposed to be even more oppressive. Not sure what I will do for a ride.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

We were refuleing at the High Ridge gas station when Rusty, et al, rode past, so we were a near miss.

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We somehow managed to replicate the flatter Jeff Co ride that you mapped out a couple of months ago. Nice ride. Isn't it weird that I can barely remember what I did at work today, but I remember the minute details of a good ride I did months ago.

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home