Monday, January 08, 2007

Saturday a small group of BS 3's gathered at Aaron's house. We rode out to Chesterfield Valley and did a little paceline practice. Afterward Giuseppe and I tacked on another hour of or so of riding by going up Shephard, Pond, down Rockwoods, up Woods and back to Aaron's house.

Sunday morning, Giuseppe and I were going to hit JeffCo for about 3 hrs but I awoke to 40 degree rain. I'm just not keen on that type of riding and I called off the ride and instead watched some pros ride up El Angliru in the rain and then watched Boonen win Paris-Roubaix over Hincapie and Flecha while I knocked out a couple hours on the trainer.

In Pro news, you have to love one World Champ talking smack about another World Champ. In this case, Bart Wellens questions the panty size of one of road cycling's biggest stars, Tom Boonen... "This is why I became a cyclo-cross rider: for the rain, the coldness and the mud," Wellens said. "For Tom Boonen this is too much, but not for a real cyclo-cross rider.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bike Drool said...

Sounds like a solid day. That little kick-up right at the top of Woods is always a punch to the gut!!

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home