Monday, December 18, 2006

With the fanfare of a lone kazoo I begin presenting my 2nd Annual year-end awards. I start with some local awards.

Best Pace Car: My decision might be prejudiced because I drove the vehicle, but I give the award to the Tour of St. Louis' Volkswagen Touareg. That baby was sweet. A smooth, quiet ride with just about any creature comfort you could have wanted.

Oddest pace car: Nothing represented St. Louis' slightly tacky side better than the 4-wheel ATV that the Clubbers let loose at Edwardsville and Soulard.

Most Oppressive Weather: MO State RR. The temperature felt manageable when we arrived in Columbia but the mercury seemed to shoot upward from that point on. Adding to the pleasure was the 20 minutes we stood on hot blacktop while waiting for Buddy to show up for the official start. My incredible level of suck that weekend only added to the misery.

Best criterium: It's been several years since I had a chance to do this race, so I give the nod to the Tour of Soulard.

Best atmosphere: For the second year in a row Lafayette Square and its big, bustling, nighttime crowds earn the award.

to be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home