Sunday, December 10, 2006

Interesting ride on Saturday. The first 1/4 was typical Ronde before turning onto Country Club Ln and eventually through Waterloo. We took Gall and D back to our starting area and then hit the flats for Patrice's new route crossing over 255, turning north and crossing over again to get east of 255. This was all to get reasonably close to Patrice's new road.

After some flat riding, we turned left onto a real kick in the ass named Mule Rd. A steep road to start, it continued go up more gradually, then steep again, then more gradually. That road seemed to go on much longer than it probably did. The remainder of the ride was many of the northern roads used on the route I designed a few weeks ago.

I don't know if it was the recent lack of riding or the rolling terrain but my legs were pretty tired.

The morning was only the precursor to the evenings Sharkmas activities at the shop. An evening of race photography, buddy bikes, meatballs, stiletto heels, shark wrestling, beer, kosher hotdogs and late hours. I walked in at 3:30am, slept about an hour before getting up to do my usual Sunday morning routine. Needless to say, I was in no condition to do the Bugman ride.

Somehow, I have made it through the day without feeling all that bad. I did get out at noon for about for about an hour of leisurely riding.

Going back to work tomorrow after 3 weeks off is going to suck.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

a) your legs probably felt tired since I sat on your wheel for the final 10mi of the ride (all headwind)! ;)

b) so that was why you were a no-show for the Bugman...I rode it quite well, considering my legs never woke up on Saturday -- plus, I rode it solo up to 109 & Wild Horse, as I thought I'd missed my meet up and that they were in front of me...it turns out they were behind me the whole time, due to a very late start.

who makes it to the next Bugman should be telling! ;)

10:30 PM  
Blogger Ted C. MacRae said...

It was Trent...again! He actually showed up on time (er...right at 8am) but discovered he had a flat tire, so we waited while he changed it. Of course, he also had to bum a tube!

Next week I'm goin' at 8 - ready or not.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home