Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Even though I announced well over a week ago that serious training would begin, I continue on my more slothful ways and will likely continue until the new year. Still, I went to Spinning last night. Good Lord it was hot in that room. Crack the doors open, please!

It was my birthday yesterday and I darn near blew off the Spinning class but decided to go at the last minute. After the class, Giuseppe asked if I had eaten. I had and he suggested I just come along and watch him eat. "Whatever" I thought. I will go for a while.

Giuseppe walked outside a little before me. When I left the building he was engaged in a "conversation" on the parking lot with someone who's name I will not mention here because sometimes I can be a nice guy. Person X was giving him an earful about how snotty and rude we/the team/some people were to them all year and how hurt they were and how they are switching teams because of it. I had a big urge to interrupt and tell Person X where to go but wasn't sure it was my place to butt in.

Did Giuseppe or I have ill feelings toward this person? Of course not.
Did Person X go out of their way in the last year or so to make themselves known to us? Of course not.
Did we hardly ever see this person aside from Spinning? Of course not.
After Tuesday night's display do I care if I ever see the person again? Of course not. And if they think they were ignored before, just wait. They won't have to worry about even getting a glance of the eyes in their direction.

Enough of that unpleasantness. We headed over to Kayak's in Brentwood for a bite to eat. I walked in and Amy sitting in a corner and waved. I waved back and didn't really notice who else was there. I walked over toward her and slowly I began to notice Patrice and Justin and Gina and balloons and cake and other general party stuff. Obviously I had walked into a surprise birthday party for me and, as it turned out, Marco. It was quite a surprise although my reaction was more of a stunned confusion.

I truly was touched, however, that folks thought enough to gather of group of friends together for the occasion. On top of that were presents. Hot dang! A big bottle of Duvel Belgian beer, orangish replacement lenses for my new Oakley's and some gold Deda handlebar tape so I can roll in style just like my stylistic hero, "Il Pagliaccio" Bettini. It was a very good day. Thanks guys!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bobber said...

Happy B day dude. Sounds like it was a fun time. Sorry I could not be there.

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jim.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home