Saturday, March 03, 2007

Pippo makes me look smart.



A few of us met up at Sylvan Springs for a little reminder of what the course is like. Looking back, I should have experimented a little more with gearing choices on the hill. Overall, I wasn't too happy with how I rode. Maybe the weather had an effect. It was near freezing, which isn't bad, but the wind was strong and cold.

Afterward, the ride home sucked. Along the outer road on 255 was maybe the most uncomfortable I have been all winter. The road is a gradual uphill and going home was head on into that strong westerly wind. My face was burning with cold. The rest of the way wasn't as bad but it felt good to climb into a warm shower.

Tomorrow the road season finally gets underway in Columbia after a week's delay. After a winter of riding with a handful of people you never quite know your level of fitness. That first race always lets you know. What will Sunday tell me?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the help in the break! :)

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home