Monday, March 19, 2007

From Sunday's Post-Dispatch...
PEVELY — State environmental officials have given final approval for commercial development of the busy intersection of Interstate 55 and Highway Z in this growing Jefferson County municipality.

Pevely Mayor John Knobloch said this week that he was ecstatic about getting the green light to seek developers for what he called one of the prime commercial sites in the St. Louis area.

"This is the only intersection between St. Louis and south of Festus that has I-55 frontage available," Knobloch said. "We want to get the word out to the buisness people that this land is now available."
Thank goodness every possible exit on I-55 will now be developed. It always bothered me to drive by that piece of land and not see a gas station or restaurant dotting the land. Hopefully, a few big-ass billboards can be squeezed in as well to help beautify the land.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm thinkin we probably need another Home Depot, Lowes or Ruby Tuesday's. I think it's at least two miles to the existing ones.

I hope "commercial" doesn't mean another auto repair or junk yard.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home