Tuesday, March 06, 2007

For the last couple weeks I have had various things on my mind that I have wanted to comment on. Unfortunately I would get distracted and not write anything. Now my pea brain is clogged up with this nonsense and it needs to be cleared out.

1) The recent "Just for Men" hair color commercials bug the heck out of me. I have to hand it to the advertising guy that came up with this line. The brilliant advertising line in the commercial is "Let them see the real you." Say what? Let me see if I have this straight. Graying men are encouraged to apply fake color to their hair so that people can see "the real you". The gray hair is "the real you", you idiot!

2) Speaking of commercials, I can't help but chuckle everytime I see the Rozerem ad with Abe Lincoln and the beaver sitting at the kitchen table with the guy in a scuba outfit doing the dishes.

3) Flipping through the channels after Saturday's ride I stumbled upon the final 10 minutes of a mid-70s Soul Train episode. I was transfixed by the images. A studio full of the hippest couples wearing flowing blouses and large bell bottom pants and massive Oscar Gamble afros.

4) Over the last couple weeks I have given careful scrutiny to Sports Illustrated's swimsuit issue. My gold seal of approval goes to... Daniela Sarahyba for the brunettes and to Bar Refaeli for the blondes.

5) What is the idea behind the newly designed caps being worn in Major League Baseball? Why have semi-circles of a different color above the ears? Is a normal cap too boring now?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my all-time favorite baseball card

http://www.webspawner.com/users/bobdurr/tradingcardofth2.html

Joe

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home