Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sylvan Springs didn't go nearly as well as Froze Toes. That is to be expected with more of a regular Cat 3 representation than what showed up last week. Most of the morning I had a stuffy nose and was trying to cough up a little chest gunk. Okay, enough with the excuses.

I thought the team did pretty well. We were not terribly aggressive but always had one or two people near the front. I on the other hand, went into the race without much confidence. My nose was congested and my chest had a little too. As the race went on I began to feel better but not good enough to put in a really hard effort.

When the final laps came around I was boxed in some and never got the position I would have liked. On the final lap I tacked onto the end of the final rider selection and hoped for a little magic but it wasn't going to happen with the fast downhill. Jose went down in the final turn and I was just too far back to crack the money and finished about 14th or 15th.

What needs improving: My sinuses
Positioning in the final laps

What went well: I felt pretty good up the hill


Why: The officials do a good job but why, when they had a video camera, did they not score more than 10 places? There was a good amount of time before the next race. Surely they could have gone a little further down in the placings. Not a big deal. Just something I wonder about.

Today, a small group of us went into Jeffco and tortured ourselves in the hills for a few hours. Giuseppe rode much better and Vincenzo was strong. Patrice and Marco had their first sourtherly excursions of the year and struggled a little but did okay. My left knee is a little tender but a day of rest should do it some good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bobber said...

Good effort Jim. Sorry I missed it. I was busy at home building my track.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home