Tuesday, May 01, 2007

What can I say about the Tour of St Louis. Saturday was relatively easy. Craig got in an early break and much of the race afterward was keeping others in check. Finished somewhere around the high teens or low twenty's.

Sunday, I went into the race feeling reasonably good. I covered one break but was hanging onto it for dear life. I contributed one short pull but wasn't interested in making it stick because my gasping lungs couldn't take it. I hung on long enough for the pack to catch on and I drifted back. Never again did I see the front of the pack and I popped on the penultimate lap when the pace lifted. Pretty lousy race on my part.

Tuesday was rainy. Imagine that. A rainy Tuesday. I skipped the Worlds.
---------------
This evening I got a chance to look at the little bit of video I shot after the race Sunday while trying to get the hang of the camera. The race action was so-so. The best part was probably the probing and hard-hitting questions I posed to Vinnie and Darrin. Personally, I think Andreu has reason to fear for his job. I'm gunning for you Frankie!
---------------
Throughout the Puerto affair I have refrained from adding names to my Dope-O-Meter because I don't add names until riders receive suspensions. However, Ullrich's DNA proved to be a match to a Puerto blood bag. He promptly retired. Sorry, Jan. You may not have been suspended but I will be dubbing you a dope.

Now the Italians are finally getting serious about investigating the Puerto dopers thanks to a new 6000 page report issued by the Spanish police. Basso has quit Discovery, Jaksche and Hamilton are suspended from Tinkoff and more doo-doo will be hitting the fan soon. How fun this is.

Not only is Puerto going on but Italy has there own mini investigation (Athena) that has apparently netted Luca Paolini. Even more disturbing than another cyclist being implicated was news that the hotness that is Elisa Basso-Mazzoleni was being investigated for drug trafficking. Horrors!!! They couldn't possibly jail that smoldering piece of Euro-sensuality. The good news is that Elisa appears to have been cleared of charges. As the Italian prosecutor said "The search of Elisa Basso's [home] turned up nothing. I am not able to respond in regards to Paolini." My hunch is investigators turned up some lacy thongs for their own enjoyment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home