Friday, August 17, 2007

My metabolism may have stopped.

Before KC, I was already alarmed when I hopped on the scale and weighed an alarmingly high, for me, 160 lbs. After driving home Sunday evening my weight was 158. Not great, but a little better.

Wednesday I looked in the mirror and I had a freaking pot belly. I gingerly stepped on the scale, fearing the worst. 165 lbs!!!! I have never weighed that much. My eating habits have not changed that radically. With minor effort I'm sure I can hit 170 by next week.

The good news is that the scale has lit a fire in me. No more slacking around. I hopped on the trainer and started working. Then ate a healthier lunch today. It's probably too late for a whole lot of riding improvement before Gateway Cup but I need whatever I can get at this point.

Today I am down to just under 160 lbs, making me feel a little more encouraged. I will be hopping on the trainer again in a little while.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

make sure you weigh at the same time every day. i.e. after you wake up. empty your system then weigh in.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home