Friday, October 19, 2007

The past has a funny way of weaving it's way into the present when you least expect it.

Many years ago there was a petite, young brunette in my grade school. She was cool, smart, cute and athletic. At least that's how I remember her.

Childhood crushes are always remembered fondly, I suppose. Twenty-six years later she may be a bitter and hateful shrew. Even if that is the case, she will always be the epitome of 8th grade female perfection in my mind.

Before I get completely lost in childhood memories, let me say that I was floating through cyberspace this evening. That is when my hormonal past wove its way through history and popped up on my computer screen. There SHE was. Her name in blue letters, staring me in the ace.

Unlike my leprechaun story yesterday, this post actually has a connection to cycling. In a twist of fate, my first crush is the sponsor of a cycling team. I told you she was cool.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ted C. MacRae said...

"Now you listen to me. I want details and I want them right now. I don't have a job, I have no place to go. You're not in the
mood? Well you get in the mood!"

9:45 AM  
Blogger OPestalozzi said...

Man, you gotta stop day dream'n about 8th grade girls...

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home