Saturday, November 10, 2007

Today's ride in Columbia was most likely the chilliest of the season. Temperatures were around freezing but throw on a couple layers of clothing, rising temps and add in the sun and it was not a bad day to ride.

We had a tidy group of five show up. I hadn't realized the Saturday ride was an organized Cat 3 ride now. General consensus was to go for only a couple hours today. My spectacularly planned 50 mile route was out the window and we rode the flatlands for just over 2 hours. It was a nice ride and the brevity of the ride might actually provide me with some better legs for Sunday's race at Jefferson Barracks.

As I said, it was a two hour ride that went at a comfortable pace. Nothing too difficult except for my saddle which seems to have a mind of its own lately. Again, this week, it developed a somewhat uncomfortable upward nose tilt. I didn't feel like adjusting it before the ride but I really should have. It proved to be a little uncomfortable but not awful.

We will see what effect the shorter ride today has on tomorrow's race. But, I need to factor a lack of training this week. There was a veritable plethora of wildlife today. We had your average pigs on a farm, a couple deer, a fox and the most unusual peacock to spice up the ride.

On the way home from the ride I finished a special feature that should be appearing soon at this location on the internets. Stay tuned.
--------------
I wandered across this video today. It is probably part of a well known video like A Sunday in Hell or some other video but I was struck by how solid and steady this Merckx guy is while whipping up a brisk spin on the trainer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home