Sunday, January 20, 2008

We were bound to get a weekend like this eventually. Reasonably cold temps don't bother me much but single digit temperatures are simply silly. My toes don't have gone through enough minor frostbite in my years and they don't react particularly well to extreme cold. My toes were uncomfortable enough while trying to warm up last week. I didn't need to voluntarily go through that again.

Yesterday was trainer time instead of shiver time. Two and a half hours good hours of riding. My legs were feeling the effort. They were more sore than any of the other rides we've been doing lately. I plan on repeating the ride again today. It will be a very productive weekend.
=============================

I wonder if the the whole Men in Black scandal from last year has had any conscious or sub-conscious influence on more teams going to white kits this year. Before, only the French teams wore white. FdJeux and Credit Agricole were mainly white jerseys. Ag2R and Cofidis were half-white. Now QuickStep and Milram have joined the innocent, virginal white look. Team High Road kind of destroys my theory with their almost entirely black jersey.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

we did 2hrs yesterday...and I've started trying to invent a way to keep the bottle's nozzle unfrozen...hmmm.

as for white jerseys, csc went white, too. plus, the new big shark kits for 2008 (the limited 15th anniv edition) will be white with all logos and lettering in white...very subtle and tasteful.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home