Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My wheels are ready! Without getting weight weenie-ish, Mark says they are 14oog. Good enough. Tomorrow I plan to pick them up.

Up 'til now I have not mentioned my fantasy Giro team at Velogames.
There are 1217 teams registered this year. Last Friday I threw the team together at work. In my rush, I made a mistake when selecting my riders and chose Sylvester Szmyd instead of Christian Vandevelde. I am not terribly disappointed with the choice of Szmyd but, with Vandevelde doing so well, that move has not helped my scores. Szmyd has tallied a big ZERO points while Vandevelde has 140. Vandevelde's points would put me in 301st place. But then I wouldn't have the 54 points from Wegelius. Not much is gained by playing the "what if" game.

My GC positions after each stage so far have been...
St. 1 - 960th
St. 2 - 901st
St. 3 - 538th
St. 4 - 493rd
St. 5 - 549th

My team is geared more toward the mountains so hopefully I will move up as the race enters the latter stages. Team members are Kloden, Petrov, Simoni, Contador, Bennati, Nibali, Gusev, Szmyd and Wegelius.
----------------------------
The breakaway group in Stage 5 managed to stay away. The story of the stage is Millar breaking his chain with 1km to go. The man is a damn fine impersonator. When the chain breaks he does his Armstrong on Luz Ardiden impression and almost loses his manhood on the top tube. He the climbs off the bike and doing his best Bjarne Riis bike toss imitation.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home