Saturday, May 17, 2008

The State Road Race is tomorrow and I have no idea what to expect. My races of late have been anything but encouraging so I go into the race with no expectations. The last time I did this race was 2005. My memory is a little fuzzy about the course but the main features are in my mind. The main thing I don't recall is the severity of the hard parts and how to pace my efforts.

Friday, after dinner, I went out for some hill repeats on the Hadleyberg. My stomach felt all bloated and riding was very uncomfortable. I felt slow and it felt like the air was thick with pollen. After five repeats, I cruised home.

This morning the phone rang at 5am. It was work and they were having problems with some programs. Four hours later, everything was normal. *sigh* So, I missed the usual Columbia stuff and headed out on my own about ten o'clock. I felt so lousy on the hills last night that I felt the need to do some more practice. For a change from Friday, I rode toward the steady grades of Old Gravois. Along the way, I took a detour and went up Mentzberg once. From there it was up Old Gravois three times and then back down to Hwy 30 to West Watson and up the two Weberberg hills.
----------

The final 3.9km of today's Giro stage 8. This was an uphill finish but it did not look very severe. It must have been hard enough though because everyone in the leadout was smallish. Piepoli, for instance, was a workhorse. Nice finish.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...so your absence this morning due to a last minute team transfer to ABD are untrue?

BTW, RH, Patrice is the same person as Patrick.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home