Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Toward the of Friday's workout I swallowed a bug. No big deal but on the way home my throat felt weird. The feeling continued while I was out in Augusta for Saturday's stage of the Tour of MO. I did not pay much attention to the feeling.

Sunday morning came I knew a little bit of a cold had settled in but as the day passed I felt reasonably good. Even at midnight that night I felt pretty good. Tired, but good. Then, the cold hit me like a ton of bricks. My sinuses let loose and made for an unpleasant night. The only positive is that my alarm goes off at 4:30, so it was a short night of misery.

Monday I felt terrible and feel only somewhat better today. Thank goodness I could not attend this weekend's race in Hermann.
--------------

Found a story abouy Ivan Basso's impending return to the peloton. I am no power-geek but the story gave some of his SRM numbers. As part of a 5-hour training ride that concludes with 3 ascents of a circuit, Basso ended the ride with the final ascent lasting just over 28 minutes at 430 watts. Not too bad.

2 Comments:

Blogger cleeland said...

This weekend's race in Hermann?

10:39 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hermann Cross Under the Lights.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home