Monday, September 29, 2008

What's the ideal way to come back from two complete weeks off the bike because of an awful cold?  A cold that is still lingering in the nose and lungs, by the way.  If this weekend was any indication, the best tactic was to ride myself into the ground for 75 miles on Saturday.  By the end of the ride, my legs were tired and cramping, my lower back hurt and my knees felt like the IT bands were tender.  If there was any consolation, everyone was hurting afterward.

Sunday morning arrived and my body was not happy about hopping on the bike.  The legs did not recover well and the nether regions were not happy about the harsh return to the saddle the day before.  We gathered at Meramec in a not-so-fashionably late manner, all of us moaning and not so eager to tackle Jefferson County.  We decided on a trip downtown and maybe a jaunt along the Riverfront Trail since the parcours would be mostly flat.  That plan pleased my aching body.  A ride downtown with some different sights and sounds seemed like a nice idea.  A ride that ended up in Granite City, instead of downtown STL, did not make my already aching knees very happy.  My body was whooped.  Dragging my still recovering body over 145 miles didn't kill so I suppose it made me stronger.  Regardless, I am tired this morning.


See how Windows Mobile brings your life together—at home, work, or on the go. See Now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home