Sunday, October 26, 2008

Not a bad race today. The starting spot was awful. Lined up very near the back of the pack and knew it was going to be a day of seeing how many people I could pass. Those kinds of days are not that bad because you feel like you are accomplishing something. Despite that, I'm not sure I care to get mixed up in that mayhem again. People are bobbling and wobbling all over the place. I probably did my share, too.

After a half lap, the field started to string out enough to start moving through the field. I had no idea where I was but just tried to reel in as many as I could. Much to my surprise, I finished in 9th out of about 40. I am satisfied with that.

As usual, the course was mostly flat. I have had some doubts about my power and it seems to me this is a power course. The most technical spots would have been a few transitions from grass to gravel. Except for a slight bobble on the 180 near the start line I was pretty clean. I suppose there was a certain degree of technique needed on the giant cinnamon bun of death feature but mainly it was just turning right for for 30 seconds and then turning left for 30 seconds.

Regardless, it was a fun day.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats,you had a real strong last 3 laps -maybe you just needed a longer race.

rudy

6:02 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

thanks

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what do you attribute your improvement to - since you had been feeling rather off track? or is it just one of those things - you'll take it?

r

10:44 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

I assume you refer to my feeling off track during the road season.

At this point, racing cross captures my interest much more than the road. I think my mental outlook changed as the cross season approached. I had a goal to shoot for. A second chance. And I began to work toward it as a chance to salvage the season.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Boz said...

Keep up the strong racing. "Cinnamon bun of death", I love it. Hated racing it, but love the description...or maybe I'm hungry.

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home