Sunday, November 09, 2008

Nothing much to brag about at today's race. The C race ended a little sooner than I expected so I snagged a prime last place starting spot. I did not have a bunch of urgency at that point and just took my time moving up through the field.

Today's race was also the unveiling of the new stairs that Jay decided to build. I pussed out most times once I was at the top. That descent was a little scary looking when you were up top and the platform was shorter than what is ideal. Thank goodness Jay decided to make the ramp 2ft longer than originally planned. It would have been crazy steep otherwise.

Despite the awful start and not so great handling of the stairs/ramp I managed to move through half the field before finding my equilibrium point. Those behind were no really gaining ground, yet I couldn't gain any ground on those ahead and finished 14th out of 29 finishers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Boz said...

You moved up nicely through the field. When you came around us, you gapped us quickly. It was like you hit the nitrous for a few seconds. That was right about the time I was ready to drop RP, but I couldn't respond to your acceleration. Good race.

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home