Friday, April 10, 2009

The Queen returns

Mid-April means the Queen of the Classics, Paris-Roubaix. My picks for the Ronde were pretty darn good and will be hard to top them this week.

Only eighteen riders in the race have finished top 10 the past five years.
Almost as many, nine, have retired.
A couple, O'Grady and Ballan, are injured and not racing.

Those numbers tell me there will be a few new names cracking the top 10 this year. But, who?

My picks

Heinrich Haussler - you dance with the one that brung ya. Haussler keeps coming through for me, so I will select him once more
Filippo Pozzato - almost overlooked him because I thought he had been top 10 before.
Manuel Quniziato - rode strong and the Ronde and finshed 13th last year.

Wilcard pick: I have no serious expectations from this pick but Yaroslav Popovych won the U23 version of Roubaix in 2001

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home