Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wet cycling

Maybe this is a result of hanging out in cycling forums too much but it seems that many races are abbreviated with just first letters of the name.
 
P-N is Paris-Nice. 
T-A is Tirreno-Adriatico. 
M-SR is Milan-San Remo 
RVV = Ronde van Vlaanderen
K-B-K = Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne
G-W = Gent-Wevelgem
ATOC = Amgen Tour of California
TdF is, obviously, the Tour de France

So, you can imagine my shock and dismay, when I saw a commercial for a new bladder control product named Poise LBL.  The LBL is short for Light Bladder Leakage.  But, to a cyclist, LBL is the grand dame of the Spring Classics, Liege-Bastogne-Liege.  How dare they link "La Doyenne" with bladder control issues.

My mind has been stained yellow by this association.  I see that commercial and imagine Michele Bartoli attacking on La Redoute and wee-weeing himself because of the effort.  I demand that these commercials be removed from the air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home