Friday, February 26, 2010

Alberto Contador's pistolero act jump...

Alberto Contador's pistolero act jumped the shark about two years ago but he forges on toward ultimate cliche.
The finger hat was the start.
I'm sure there was a finger shirt but I can't find a picture
Last year, the flying finger disk wheel made it's debut
 
And, now Selle Italia has produced a new saddle, the Selle Italia Procto.  I joke about the name, of course.  Who thought that a finger pointing in Alberto's anal region would be a good idea?  No wonder Contador likes to climb out of the saddle so often. 
 
From what I can tell, you are not selling this finger gear to the public so there is not much of a marketing angle.  It's just your own annoying little ego trip.  Just ride your bike, Alberto. 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kind of like the fingerbanger themed gear because it IS so blatantly egotistical. Eccentric and egotistical personalities keep the sport interesting and keep me laughing. How boring would it be to have a peloton full of robots?

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Stanley said...

Agree that it is rather daft. Oddly, I'm sure people would be all over it if it was Lance.

4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home