Monday, March 22, 2004

A sharp cold-front moved through last night and dropped low temperatures a little below freezing. I waited until close to noon to allow for a little warmer weather. Despite knowing it was cool, the bright sunshine still lulled me into a false sense of warmth. A few weeks ago I would have relished 40 degree temperatures but after a couple days around the 70F mark, 40 was cold. The wind only added to my discomfort. I was a little tired so most of the ride was spent spinning instead of mashing a big gear. After an hour fifteen, I was happy to call it a day.

I got home and logged on to find out what happened at Milan-San Remo today. Boy, do I feel stupid. Milan-San Remo was yesterday. Again this year, the race came to down to a sprint finish. In an unusual ending, four-time M-S-R winner, Erik Zabel seemingly raised his arms to early in celebration of victory. However, Oscar Freire never quit and nipped Zabel at the line. A surprising blunder from an experienced sprinter like Zabel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home