Friday, September 24, 2004

I ran the half mile that was planned. I felt pretty good and knocked about 10 seconds off Tuesdays run. Today I clocked a 3:04 time. Next week I want to bump up the distance to 3/4 mile and see if I can keep the tempo going. Right now my biggest problem is trying to keep my form. I stay pretty solid but I sense body parts getting a little wobbly on the 2nd lap and feel the need to fight to stay smooth.

News Item of the Day After a pro cycling career spanning 15 years and a record seven polka-dot jersey wins at the Tour de France, Richard Virenque announced his retirement today at a press conference in Paris.

The Quick.Step rider will turn 35 in November and has decided to put an end to his career, which includes seven stage wins in cycling's most prestigious race, the Tour de France. The French rider has always been charismatic and beloved in his home country, even after admitting to doping practices in the 90's at the famous Festina trial in 2000. Virenque came back to cycling after a nine month suspension and won Paris-Tours in 2001 after an impressive solo of 242 km, as well as taking several more stage wins in the Tour in similar style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home