Friday, April 23, 2004

Sunday Apr 23
Todays race at Carondelet went well. This course is one that suits my riding style well and I usually put in a good performance. I spent my usual first few laps getting comfortable in the race and then rode a solid race. I would drift back occasionally but stayed in the front half most of the time. When I was in good position I covered any attacks and at one point there was an attack, followed shortly by another rider and then followed by me. There was a small gap between the three of us and then the pack further back. My power was good as I caught the second rider and rolled by him. I kept the a good pace and reeled in the first rider before the last turn of that lap and he could not follow me either. I spent another lap and a half in a solo effort. I knew there was little chance of staying away but it was a confidence builder.

The race got squirrely with two laps to go and I found myself in bad position on the final lap again. I snaked through the field as best I could before the sprint and then passed several more on the gradual uphill sweep to the finish. I was strong and got sixteenth place at the end. A respectable finish but I could have been in the money.

In a month we race the same course and I will be looking for a better placing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home