Friday, April 02, 2004

Tomorrow is the Tillis Park Crit. The team seems to have a good strategy for victory but everything changes on race day. The week's training went okay. Last weekend though I had to work Saturday and because of the threat of rain I only did about 1.5 hrs Sunday. Tuesday was an improvised Spinning class because the instructor didn't show up and one of the students took the initiative to lead the class. It actually turned to be a tough class. Thursday I did 10 standing sprints. My gearing was 53x15. I made it through all ten without being exhausted but my legs didn't feel particularly spritely. There was real jump but that could be a matter of gearing. Tomorrow will be the test of how my legs really are. Plans are to do the 3/4 race and 1/2/3's.

Tour watch: Armstrong looked pretty good at Criterium International last weekend. He got 3rd in GC. He didn't look explosive on the final climb of the RR but he is probably still building. He had a solid TT (4th) about 6 seconds back. His aero bars seemed a little more level than a few weeks ago at Algarve. Beloki crashed on stage 1, got up and finished 16 minutes back but did not race Sunday. This was his first race of the year so he has a lot of work to do. He looked a little heavy. Ullrich is still not doing much in his races and consistently finishes behind the lead groups.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home