Sunday, April 04, 2004

Yesterday was the Tilles Park Crit. This is a race I have done pretty well at with a couple top 10's in the last two races. The general agreement beforehand is that we would work for Jeff C by repeatedly sending off a couple riders.

The weather was nice, near 60 but the winds were pretty strong and slapped you right in the face as you rounded the first bend. The pace constantly slowed at that point until we turned again.

We did not seem to attack as much as I expected. But there were some attacks. I went at least 3 times with no great success. For the most part we controlled the race and it came down to a sprint as it usually does on this course. Sam M finished 1st, Jeff C got 4th so it all worked out in the end.

I was really tired for the 1/2/3 race and only lasted 20 minutes. I just had no strength. I should have drank and ate more between races. Still, I am frustrated that I didn't last when others from the earlier race lasted until the end. Oh well.

Today is the Tour of Flanders. I would like to see VDB breakthrough with a win after the last few years of difficulty. Museeuw would be a sentimental pick but I am doubting his fitness. Van Petegem is a favorite. Hincapie should do well. Boonen perhaps as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home