Thursday, October 21, 2004

The left knee seemed to heal a good bit overnight and was at least 50% better today. Encouraged by the improvement, I rode the trainer for just over an hour while watching stage 19 of the 2004 Tour. It wasn't particularly exciting tape but I still have notwatched all the stages that were taped while I was over there. Anyway, I rode a little above tempo in my 48x18. Nice workout to keep the legs fresh and maintain fitness. The legs feel a little heavy as I type this so it must have been a decent ride.

News Item of the Day: Italian Ivan Basso (CSC) is reportedly interested in riding a couple of cyclo-cross races over winter. His manager Gerrie van Gerwen is looking for interested organisers, and Basso could race in the Azencross in Belgium on December 29.

Viewpoint: Lance did some 'cross a couple winters ago in TX and finished either first or second. I don't recall exactly. It will be interesting to see how Basso fares. He will have tougher competition probably.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bobber said...

Lance won that race, lapping the entire field, including the state champion! But the course didn't look too hard from what I could tell from the photos.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

I did a little research and actually he and the TX champ both lapped the field together. Lance put the hammer down on the last lap though and won by 20 seconds.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home