Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Going Spinning in a little while. I believe the class is being led by Amy tonight.

A few days ago I added a little picture section to the right. With any luck, I will keep the pictures changing on a semi-regular basis. I hate doping stories but the maudlin side of me is toying with the idea of keeping a running list of Pro riders suspended for doping violations. 2004 seemed to be an awful year for this type of news. With any luck, next year will be a short list.

News Item of the Day: "I have my own opinion about Museeuws performances" says the chairman of the International Olympic Committee, Belgian Jacques Rogge, in Het Laatste Nieuws. "For me the victories of Johan Museeuw can be left "tecnically" on his palmares, because he is never catched on doping after a victory. But it will be always a question what these victories are worth from a moral point-of-vue. I have my own thoughts about that", he said.
And yesterday in L'Équipe , he also expressed his doubts about the gold medal of Tyler Hamilton (Usa). "you can not take oof the medal from Hamilton, but you can have your doubts about his career. The same is true for Museeuw" he said. "Nobody will see Tyler Hamilton as the Olympische Champion Time Trial in Athens. He will be always a 'doped' champion".
Rogge also wants twice as much unannounced doping controls in 2005 as this year. "It's the only wappon that works. Next year I want 10.000 unexpected controles" (Het Laatste Nieuws / L'Équipe)

Viewpoint: I can't argue with anything Mr. Rogge states. He makes a rational argument about the careers of both Museeuw and Hamilton. Unfortunately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home