Monday, January 17, 2005

Just one more cold day to go before we get above freezing. Thank goodness. My old gloves gloves are not real heavy and just don't hold up well to the cold weather. I think I'll break down and get a good pair of winter riding gloves.

I also got tired of layering up with 3, 4 or more jerseys. Sunday I broke down and bought a jacket online. Winter jackets are so damn expensive. I've been looking online for a while to see if I could find any deals and almost purchased an Adidas thermal jacket that was a little over $100. Not a bad price. Then Sunday morning I stumbled on this german website that had some real nice deals. Buying online makes me hesitant because you can't touch the item and feel what the material is like. Then there is the issue of sizing. I hope the sizing charts are accurate. Anyway, provided the jacket fits and is warm, I got a nice Polar Fleece Indurain-era (around '94-'95) Banesto jacket with a wind-blocking fabric in front for 45 euros.
That's just under $60. Shipping from Germany added a $25 or so but still the price was very good.

News Item of the Day: Tyler Hamilton has been training exclusively on a fix gear bike here in Colorado! If he didn’t honestly believe he was coming back this year, there is no way he would be riding six hours on a fixed gear. Local legend—here in Boulder—Chuck Coyle and all the usual suspects have returned from the canyons and cold wind-swept plains saying Hamilton is amazingly strong. I wish Tyler good luck in the fight to clear his name. He has tremendous support here in Boulder, and here’s the thing I’d like to say about the issue. If you talk to anyone who really knows Tyler (and many who don’t know him well), they all seem to echo one thing, or at least hit on the same theme: they believe him. Tyler says his side has some really big news and that when it’s all said and done he will race in 2005. He’s certainly training like he is. Picture this: an exonerated Hamilton and his Phonak team at the 2005 Dodge Tour de Georgia. I’m not betting against him. Call me a dreamer, but I really hope it happens. For Tyler’s sake and for the sport’s sake, let’s give him a fair trial. We’ll know a lot more in a couple months.

Viewpoint: I found the above item on the Tour of Georgia website dated Jan 10th. I'd like the news to be true but I think he's going to have a terrible time convincing the sports governing bodies that the test was wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home