Tuesday, March 29, 2005

I had to take advantage of the mid-70 temperatures this afternoon. So after getting home I sat down for a few minutes to unwind and then headed out for a quick hour long ride down to Meramec Bottom. Strong winds today didn't help how I felt on the bike after not really riding since last Thursday. I dont count the laps on the velodrome Saturday.

This was also the first time on the rode since the new saddle position and that felt unusual. A little forward tilt might be needed even though it felt more comfortable by the end of the ride. I did 5 short sprints outside for the first time this year. That felt awkward too. You can do sprints on a trainer but it feels completely different with the bike moving underneath you. My form got a little better with each attempt but some kinks still need to be worked out. Body parts feel like they are flying all over the place, doing their own thing.

My breathing was not good, either. My lungs didn't seem to expand fully. All in all, it was a weird ride but progress was made the longer I rode. With any luck, things will be back to normal for Saturday's Tilles Park race. This is a race that has given me a couple top 10's in the past so maybe I can work some magic again.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim, you and your Big Shark boys are going down at Tillis Park this weekend!!!!!!!!

The Dent Wizard/Maplewood 3s team will be "bringing it"... whatever that means? But it sounds hip.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I think "bringing it" means you guys will be bringing some extra prize money so that we can be "taking it" haha

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww Snap!

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home