Saturday, March 26, 2005

I've been fighting an occasional stuffy nose. Friday morning it felt like the beginnings of a cold so stopped at Walgreens and bought some Zicam. It's supposed to shorten the length of a cold if you catch it early. If it was a cold starting up, then the Zicam did the job pretty well at not having the cold settle in.

Not much riding today. I went up to Penrose to help out with the cleanup/restoration efforts at the velodrome. This was the first time I had been to the track. The surface is pretty rough. With any luck the planned patching will be an improvement. A total resurfacing would be great sometime in the future.



I did take the fixie up there just to experience what a track is like. Two-thirds of the way to the track I realized I forgot my cycling shoes. Brilliant! Riding in the tennis shoes was not ideal but it gave a little flavor of the track. I got there early and did about 15 laps. Near the end of my time up there the contractor had me get on the bike again so he could take movies of me going around the track and see where the rough spots are. Thanks to him I got about another 10 laps practice. The rest of the time was spent digging up some stumps and hauling brush from the infield.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bobber said...

Looks like Zicam has some side effects. I'll stick with vit C despite what Coggan says.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home