Saturday, September 03, 2005

I'm whooped. As mentioned in the last post, Greentree doesn't always suit me. Today was one of those days. My weaknesses were fully exposed by the course day. I got a decent start. Much better than last year when I was run off the course at the bottom of Adams. The first of my weaknesses to show up was a lack of speed. I could never make much ground on the hill. Then as the race wore on my lack of strength began to show. The second half of the hill really began to hurt each time. Finally, my stamina was exposed. Four and a half laps to go and my legs gave up. I lost contact with the pack after being at the back for several laps. The pack quickly opened up the gap and my spirit was crushed as I barely (a couple hundred feet) from being lapped in the remaining few laps. I'm disappointed, pissed and left wondering what the rest of the weekend holds if I'm already off the pace. I have to hand it to the Cyclones for having won both races so far. They've done well.

Afterward, it was nice sitting down with Cindi and watching the Women's race. She hasn't been around much this year and while we keep in touch through email it was good to see her today and briefly last night. Reardon stopped by too. I hadn't seen him in a year either. He looked well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home