Thursday, December 15, 2005

I went to the shop today and picked up some cables for the 10-spd upgrade and a brake lever for the fixie. I got home and futzed around for a while trying to get the brake set up properly but without too much difficulty. I gave the bike a test run and it stopped when I squeezed the brake so I must have done things right.

Viewpoint: Worst ProTour Jersey I have bounced back and forth trying to decide this category. Liquigas, or Leaky Gas for the Paul Sherwen fans, is garish but I have grown to not mind the jersey. If nothing else the jersey is distinctive and still much better than the hideous paint job on their Bianchi bikes.



Then I considered Lampre for the honor. Ultimately, the jersey is really too normal to be considered ugly. That is if you consider it normal to have a black patch on the shorts wear the chamois is located that looks like a huge patch of pubic hair. Staying on the saddle and they look normal. If they stand up, you feel the need to cover the eyes of any youngsters that may be near.



But, in the last few days I finally settled on Rabobank. They switched to this orange and blue jigsaw puzzle jersey a couple years ago and I don't understand it. Is there some meaning that I do not see when looking at the jersey? Why the two blue sections and everything else orange?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home