Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I'm getting ready to go to Spinning in a little while so I will kill time with a response to another comment. Nik asked about my 150lb weight this Sunday, what I'm doing to be that light and whether I'm flying up hills.

First off, I have never been a heavy person. For years I have bounced around the low 150's with the occasional mid-summer dip into the 140's. Around October, November and even into December I was distressed seeing my weight bump up against the 160 barrier. I realized that I had been snacking a bit more than normal and decided to cut some of that junk out. I haven't eliminated all snacking but the Suzy Q's and HoHo's and nighttime snacks have gone by the wayside. I still have a small dish of ice cream about once a week.

Am I flying up hills? Like I would divulge that information to any potential competitors. Actually, I don't feel as if I am climbing that well. I feel a little out of sync and don't have a real good jump or snap right now. That is something I can still work on but I'm riding okay.

On a completely unrelated note, Dan B'off wrote about his namesake Bischoff Beer. Mr. Bischoff isn't the only local rider with a name that has a sudsy tie-in. For 20 years Klages barley (Hordeum vulgare) was the industry standard for two-rowed malting barleys. How bout them barleys... umm apples?

1 Comments:

Blogger Bike Drool said...

Silenced, yet again! See... and people wonder why I keep my mouth shut. I do like them apples.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home