Saturday, January 14, 2006

We had a group of five (Mark, Jay, Joe, Justin and me) show up at Meramec for the ride this morning. It was darn chilly to start but the sun was out and it warmed up a little. Not a lot though. Maybe the upper 30's. I expected this week's ride to be a little easier than last. I'm not sure it turned out that way. A few hours after the ride my legs were stiff. I rode okay but didn't feel particularly fresh. Maybe the cold I've played a role or maybe it was just staying off the bike for the last three days.

Along the way I noticed my right brake lever was moving a little if I pulled on it so I was cautious and tried to use only the handlebars. I thought I had done a good job but heading down Sappington on the way home I tried to shift to an easier gear and the brake lever completely undone. The cables still kept it pretty much in place but it was pretty worthless for the final couple miles. I got home and could screw it back together. The nut wouldn't meet up with the screw. I figured the cables, taped along the handlebars, were preventing me from getting the bolt close enough to screw in so I had to undo half the handlebar tape and the tape holding the cable. Once I did that, I tightened everything up again and retaped the handlebars. Now everything is peachy. I hope.

Along the way back, near High Ridge, we crossed paths with the Gateway boys. They cancelled their 9am ride and left at 11 instead. It was too cold I guess. WAAAAHHHH!!! :) Probably a smart move actually but I'm following the Columbia Cold Forging process.

Ride time: about 4 hrs - distance: about 65 miles
Weight: 154.3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home