Thursday, June 01, 2006

A little better...

My leg is feeling better. Not great, but better. I'm not sure whether I will ride this weekend or not. I want to ride some but will probably temper any riding I do and try to ease into a little more mileage and intensity. But, State RR is just over a week away so I have the urge to get some good training this weekend. The good thing about riding is that many times my leg has hurt when doing normal everyday things but felt fine when on the bike. I won't ride until Saturday and then just see how it feels. If it starts to bother me then I will back off.

After work I went to the shop to get a new tire to replace the one blown out this past Tuesday. After a few years of riding strictly Vittoria's I bought a Conti GP4000. I soured on Conti's many years ago for various reasons. They seemed to flat easily and sidewalls seemed to wear thin quickly. But, I've heard good things about the 4000's. I am willing to give them another try.

Random thoughts:
I really like the curvature of a brand new, inflated tire on a wheel. Simple, clean and elegant.
Maybe you hadn't heard this. It's the start of Hurricane season. It hasn't been reported much today. *heavy on the sarcasm*
Speaking of the media, they sure know how to make a big deal about themselves when they are in the news. It is bad that CBS' Kim Dozier was injured and her colleagues killed over in Iraq, but is she really deserving of news stories every day since then? Is she that important? I'd bet that before this incident not more than 2 or 3 percent of Americans could tell you who she was. And if you don't think the media is good at making themselves the news then ask yourself who the name of the soldier killed in the same bomb blast. Can't answer that can you? Neither can I.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bobber said...

I'm stuck on Rubino Techno Pro's. Aint that a mouth full?

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home