Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The cold lingers...

on slightly. A steady dose of various pharmaceuticals has kept this cold very much in check, however. Given my recent history with colds, this has been pretty good.

Around four my nose starting running like the Colorado river and sneezing often. I had a mind to not race at that point but things cleared up and the race was a go. With my recent lack of riding and the mild illness I planned on just sitting in tonight and getting my legs back. A few laps in a group of five opened up couple hundred foot gap. We didn't have anyone in the break so I went to the front and tried to lift the pace a little. Trying to bridge wasn't even a thought. Instead I just wanted to hold them even and maybe discourage a little until someone else came around me take up the real chase. My half lap pull was good enough and I drifted back through the pack. Fletcher gave me a much appreciated push to stem my rearward slide. As much as anything he probably wanted me to keep a gap from opening up. The break got swallowed up a little later and it was back to my original plan of just riding in the pack.

Another break got away at some point. Hard to tell from the back, but I didn't care. I felt reasonably good. The legs couldn't have done a lot of efforts or anything sustained but it was a satisfactory return to race pace.

Most surprising thing tonight: The prototype carbon C'dale System Six doing laps in the A race. Nice looking bike.
Least surprising thing tonight: I am 95% certain I heard Justin Massivecarbonexcess say "I'm getting a new Pinarello" When aren't you getting a new bike Justin?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home