Tuesday, May 02, 2006

This weekend's aggression did not exist tonight. For the most part, I was a slug. The first 10+ minutes were my warmup. Slowly, I eased through the field. About 21 minutes in I attacked up the hill and got a good gap. It's not too hard to get a good gap when nobody is worried about you staying away. I sucked hanging out there all alone and by the bottom of the hill the field started to stream by and at the top I was in the back of the pack again.

At that point it was back to just riding laps. As the race dwindled down though, my legs started to feel good again and I stayed in the front half of the race. I was top 20 at the bell lap it seemed. Some guys began to fade half way through and I laid it down in the run up to the hill. The outside line was good and I was strong up the hill and made through the turn in about 10th. A few more riders drifted by my side in the final sprint and for a moment I thought I had 6th. I shifted down but here came Rusty on right anyway. He was just going too fast and got me at the line. He thanked me for the great leadout. My pleasure. Really. Thanks for using me.

A quick count after finishing, had me in 8th. It's the Tues Nite Worlds so I don't put a whole lot of stock in an 8th place but it serves as a confidence boost.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bobber said...

Don't you know that going up the hill on the outside is a no no? That's where all the oxygen deprived hang out. At least this is what Patrick tells me.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home